Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nymphy Plays World of Dresscraft

Nymphy is an Arcane Mage with Eff the Ineffable on Azuremyst. She’s very excited about transmogrification and all of the exciting outfits that it opens up for her wardrobe.. after months of farming she’s looking her best and her fellow Alliance citizens are starting to notice.

Don't you wish your arcane mage was hot like me
   It feels fantastic to get out of that big bird outfit! Not that I didn’t love the t12 set bonuses but really, all those feathers? I felt like I should be teaching small children their ABC’s and not doing what I do best, pew pew. Seriously. As of Patch 4.3 this Nymphy is NOT brought to you by the number 3 and the letter N.

   So naturally when I heard the merest rumor about being able to transmog the ugly, feathery, wrestling belt gear, I started going through old mage tier sets. Now there really is only ONE mage tier set that I like and that is the Tirisfal Regalia. It is so pretty and red and looks like what a mage SHOULD look like and not some hideous outfit that Big Bird had to be killed for. Here’s looking at you Tier 12! So I started researching which raids/dungeons it dropped from when I got distracted by a Twitter conversation in which Rades (yes we must blame Rades, there is even a hashtag for it. #BlameRades) was talking about cloth robes.Before I get rambly here, I must confess that when I FIRST named my toon it was Nymphy as in the woodland nymph, NOT the any sort of sexualized intent. Eventually I gave up on battling the public perception that the name was laden with innuendo and ran with it. Sooooo you can guess where this is leading. I tweeted at Rades asking where is the most skankified cloth robes in the game and he directed me to Ahn’Qiraj.

Nymphy explains how you too can dress like a Qiraji harem girl
   There are 4 different recolors in the game; yellow-green; pink; blue; and orange. I must have spent at least 3 months haunting that place and dragging Orv with me willing for ONE of them to drop. And eventually one did. The yellow-green one. Being a female I wasn’t happy with it and so when Orv thought I was done dragging him to the bug raids, I pleaded with him. BUT the other colors are PRETTIER. He melted under such pleading and agreed to keep going to AQ until another color dropped. And it did! The pink one! And boy did I get reactions when I got my stuff together and mogged! I couldn’t walk down the street in Stormwind without being whistled and winked at! So, I eventually remembered to take some screenshots.

Hey sweetie want to come back to my mom's basement and partake of my Cheetos and Mt. Dew?
    I mean it’s flattering and all, but some of these are from really unsavory characters.

BBB turns on the charm
   Just because a girl likes to strut her stuff while she’s burning demons to ash with untold arcane power (Bwahahahahahahaha!) doesn’t mean she’s asking for it. Unless “it” is more pieces of t13 gear that is. And if you are interested, here is my set. Beware, the robes have ONLY a 8% drop rate at best.

Head: Holy Shroud
Shoulders: Aurora Mantle
Cloak: Lord Prestor’s Drape (Nymphy says: I had to do unspeakable things with
him to persuade him to let me have it)( Orv says: EWWW LORD PRESTOR IS DEATHWING!) (Nymphy says: Yes well that's just one more reason to go off and kill him.)
Robes: Vestments of the Shifting Sands
Gloves: Soulcloth Gloves
Belt: Arcanist Belt (not a PERFECT match, but it is doable)
Pants: Black Mageweave Leggings (What OTHER legs would look good with the sides cut out? Makes them look like garters now)
Boots: Sandals of the Shadowsworn
Weapon: House Wrynn Dagger
Off Hand: Orb of the First Satyrs. (Unfortunately I havent found a really good off hand mog yet. :( )

   But Nymphy! What about your bracers and wand?! This is where my frugality comes in. You don’t ever see your wand really, just walking around. And on certain glove mogs you don’t see your bracers either. But Nymphy! Sometimes you have a staff! Well if I get an upgrade staff this is what I use to mog it: Staff of First Occurrences.

   Cheatery Hints: Go do Loremaster achievements! That is the main source for mogging possibilities! Also, go to the old main cities like Dalaran and Shattrath and see what you can get for cheap amounts of JP. I keep pushing Orv to Shatt, they have a nice plate set for under 1k JP.

   So, dear readers, what interesting outfits have you mogged up? Clown suits from BC? Pally judgement set (yawn)? Or just your favorite old gear that’s been hanging out in your bank forever?

P.S. Eff the Ineffable is recruiting! Some of our members have headed off to a galaxy far, far away and we’re welcoming any classes and specs to round our our raiding team. We have LFR/Alt nights Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30 EST, and real raids Friday and Saturday nights, 9:30-12:30 EST. So if you want to run with me, Orv, and all of the other magnificent Effers as we take on Deathwing send us an e-mail, tweet at us, drop by efftheineffable.com, or make an alt on Azuremyst and send someone a whisper. We’d love to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment